[wi-sun rlmmwg] Changes to RLMM Annex in PHY Specification

Kunal Shah kshah at silverspringnet.com
Wed Mar 2 15:20:57 PST 2016

Dear RLMM WG and Yamada-san,

PHYWG recently gone through the ballot process as part of the PHY specification and some of the comments received as part of the RLMM profile Annex.

One of the comment is to change the support for FCS type sentence.

Currently the RLMM Annex as part of the PHY specification includes,
"The FCS Type field (in the PHR) shall be set to 0 (4-octet CRC). It can also use 2-octet CRC, in which case, the FCS Type field is set to 1.”

Proposed change,
"The FCS Type field (in the PHR) shall be set to 1 (2-octet CRC). Packets received with the FCS field set to 0 may be discarded.”

Other editorial changes was proposed to change the sentence from, "This normative annex specifies PHY requirements for the Wi-SUN RLMM profile.”, to "This normative annex contains PHY requirements specific to the Wi-­SUN RLMM profile.”

I would like to ask the group if the above resolution is acceptable as shown above. Please let me know of any comments or objections by 4th March 10PM JST.

Please let me know of any comments or questions.

Regards,
Kunal Shah
PHYWG Chair