[wi-sun rlmmwg] Survey for Interest for Network Type and Frequency Band

Ryota Yamada ryamada at ari.ncl.omron.co.jp
Tue Jul 28 22:11:12 PDT 2015

Dear RLMM WG members,

As we discussed in the RLMM WG call, I would like to gather opinion from
members on how many members are interested in each type of network and
frequency band.

Now we have following three type of networks:
A. Single-hop Monitoring and Management Network among Heterogeneous Devices
B. Multi-hop Monitoring and Management Network among Heterogeneous Devices
C. Multi-hop Monitoring and Management Network among Homogeneous Devices

On the other hand, there are five frequency bands which some members
showed interest before:
1. 920MHz (Japan)
2. 915MHz (US)
3. 863MHz (Europe)
4. 780MHz (China)
5. 2.4GHz (World Wide)

One of the purpose of this survey is to understand in which combination
of type of network and frequency band we can expect to have IOP in the
future. Therefore, I would like to distinguish whether each member have
plan to participate in IOP or just have interest.

I have uploaded a survey form for gathering opinion from member. Please
provide your feedback using this survey form:
https://dms.wi-sun.org/htcomnet/Handlers/Download.ashx?action=download&file=M2MIG%2F20150729%20Survey%20Form%20for%20Interest%20for%20Network%20Type%20and%20Frequency%20Band.xlsx

In Example tab, I put an example of feedback. If you have plan to
participate in Network Type A in Frequency Band 1, Network Type B in
Frequency Band 1, and Network Type C in Frequency Band 5 and just
interested Network Type A in Frequency Band 5 and Network Type C in
Frequency Band 5, your feedback will be like shown in the Example tab

Regarding the result of the survey, I will just share the number of
interest for each combination as some members do not prefer to disclose
future plan for development.

Best regards,
Ryota

--