[wi-sun rlmmwg] Changes to RLMM Annex in PHY Specification

Benjamin A. Rolfe ben at blindcreek.com
Fri Mar 4 09:58:30 PST 2016

Ryota-san,
The current text is technically contradictory.  The first sentence
"shall be set to 0" precludes generating a frame with FCS field set to
1, thus  contradicts the sentence "It can also use 2-octet CRC, in which
case, the FCS Type field is set to 1.". This is the problem identified
by the commenter (me).  I had inferred the first sentence was correct,
which from your explanation (if I understand correctly) was an incorrect
conclusion.  I apologize for my confusion.
I propose the following to reflect that for RLMM  either 2-octet or
4-octet FCD may be used:

"The FCS field in the PHR shall be set to 0 when the frame contains a
4-octet FCS and shall be set to 1 when the frame contains a 2-octet FCS."

I hope that correctly reflects what you intended.

Regards
Ben