[wi-sun rlmmwg] Request for review and comment for Tech Spec Draft 04

Ryota Yamada ryamada at ari.ncl.omron.co.jp
Wed Dec 16 23:03:28 PST 2015

Dear RLMM WG members,

I have uploaded the Wi-SUN RLMM Profile Technical Specification Draft 04
to the DMS server. It is available from here:
https://dms.wi-sun.org/htcomnet/Handlers/Download.ashx?action=download&file=TCWG%2F20151217-Wi-SUN-RLMM-Profile-1v00_draft04_markup.doc

The Draft 04 is prepared by applying proposed resolution for comments
received for the Draft 03 which we shared on Dec. 3rd.

In the RLMM WG TC today, there was a discussion on preamble length. In
the Draft 04, on Table 4.6-2, "transmission preamble length" is defined
as "320us-4000us" and "preamble length assumed at receiver" is defined
as "320us". The minimum value of "transmission preamble length" and
"preamble length assumed at receiver" were "1200us" (15byte at 100kbps),
but they are now "320us" (4byte at 100kbps). This change was made to
reduce power consumption by making preamble short. On the other hand, it
was suggested that if we just use "320us", we can not employ antenna
diversity. As antenna diversity will be important for monitoring and
management application, we are thinking about defining two mode: (1) low
energy consumption mode and (2) antenna diversity mode (the name of the
mode is not decided yet). For (1), we can use "320us". On the other
hand, for (2), we are thinking about using "800us" (10byte at 100kbps).
As far as we discussed in the RLMM WG TC today, "800us" (10byte at
100kbps) seems to work for (2), but I would like to ask opinion from RF
chip vendors to confirm.

For members from RF chip vendors, I would like to ask you to provide
opinion regarding the discussion point above. Please let me know whether
"800us" (10byte at 100kbps) seems to work for (2) or not. Any comment or
suggestion will be helpful.

For all members, I would like to ask you to provide your comment if you
have any regarding Draft 04.

Best regards,
Ryota

--